Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Coming back to blogging …


Last  season (as happy dads we measure our running year by summer holidays so september marks the beginning of our gaming season) I was very busy to update our blog (including a laptop death in November-December).
But not enough to stop playing.  Thus, I had some very good Vassal plays: Paths of Glory, Normandy’44, Twilight Struggle and a long, long game of Here I Stand. Also Alberto was enough patient to teach me ASL and his favourite game For the People.
In the folowing posts I will try to recover some of the old pics of our Vassal games as well as some of the face-to-face sessions from last year.
We begun last season, as usual, with a now classical Fall Paths of Glory match. Unfortunately I did not keep a good record of our blasting PoG game (files were in the now reformatted laptop). It was a really funny match with Central Powers (me) surrounding half of the French Army but being surrounded in Austria and in the Middle East.
At some point it seems that CP could achieve enough VPs for winning but Allied Player (evil Alberto Molina) counterattacked in Pomerania and put a Russian Corps next to Berlin !!!
Finally the last two game turns were critical and AP won after succesfully defending Italy and Paris.
This is the only pic I had in my computer, It corresponds to Fall 1917 when German Armies are ready to envelope Frenchs:
15-10-2014 20-58-34
But at the same time, Turks are suffering in Middle East:
15-10-2014 21-01-20
And Russians have destroyed AH Armies at Przemsyl envelopping those at Lemberg:
15-10-2014 21-02-21
Some day i will find the USB key where i had all the logs of this incredible match. Then I will show you how big mistakes are made Sonrisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment